How peri-menopause affects your skin: Learn to regain your skin top look!
Menopause and Perimenopause affect all of us – women in many ways. When they come, they strike mercilessly!
Most often, the buzz about skin changes always evolves around Menopause. And if you wait until menopause to finally apply proper skincare, you are almost late. The fact is: skin changes start 10 years way before that and we call it Peri-menopause.
You will slowly notice that your skin becomes saggy, less vibrant, and elastic as it was before. What seemed to work became unachievable now!
Read on to understand how peri-menopause affects your skin and tips to regain your youthful look!
The Peri-menopause in the Skin
Menopause can be defined as a year after you stop having periods or menses. Meanwhile, Perimenopause happens several years before your menopause starts. For the majority of us, this process appears during our 40s. For others, they might encounter the early stage of peri-menopause in their 30s.
Watch out when you experience these symptoms of peri-menopause:
- Hot flashes start
- Irregular period
- Decrease in estrogen levels
- Fatigue due to hormonal changes
- Mood swings
- Sleep problems
- Intermittent short memory
- Sudden change in skin
On the skin particularly, you can notice these changes:
- Sagging skin: your skin loses collagen and elastin rapidly due to hormonal changes. You may have thought it must have been stress or caused by excessive sleepless nights.
- Dry skin: also because of the decrease of estrogen, your skin lost its original capacity of producing oil and water binding. As a result, the skin becomes drier and drier. And wrinkles appear longer and much faster.
- Acne & Clogged pores: for some women, the fall of estrogen levels pushes their sebum production as their androgen levels (male hormone) stay the same which means more sebum secreted. The sudden acne breakouts which you never had!
- Thinner & more sensitive: also due to estrogen deficiency, your skin fat becomes thinner. You will notice that your skin will react much more stronger to harmful agents like detergent or chemical products
Menopause, Peri-menopause, and their influence on the skin are unavoidable. Undeniably, the skin is directly related to and influenced by hormones. The Good news to keep in mind – there are a handful of treatment and prevention methods to help you win back your skin quality.
The Advanced Skin Treatment for PERi-M
When perimenopause finally comes upon us, it affects us differently with various skin conditions and problems. Stabilizing the skin is primarily an understatement.Seem similar like the second stage of “puberty”. That requires us to understand our medical health, lifestyle, and emotional issues to start with.
With years of working with hundreds of women who have been through their perimenopause, our Skin Specialists at Devotion Beautique have developed a signature treatment series: The PERi-M. The PERi-M is a series of treatments to target these dreadful changes in a woman’s life. We rework, repair, and rejuvenate the skin’s natural life cycle .
Seek early advice if you are enduring skin problems caused by peri-menopause. Our Skin Specialists are here to bring back the youthful look to your skin, and regain your self-confidence. This is Healthy Aging, Be Brave, Be Alive!